Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New Year's Resolution....Keep up the Blog!!

Because this blog is more like a journal to me and my family, I am going to TRY DILIGENTLY to blog this year!!  I actually haven't set any other goals this year because I have been too freaking busy to think about it!  That will change! 

So I am thinking back to this last year...and what a whirlwind of a year it has been.  Many things happened last year.  Most significantly, I became a GRANDMA!!  Yes, that's right...a very young, hip grandma, but still a grandma.  For those of you who can't quite wrap your head around me having this title...I can't imagine a greater thing to be called (unless of course you call me mom).  Some day you will all know how wonderful it is to be a grandma.  So with that said, my favorite saying for the past year has been...

"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful!"

And life is WONDERFUL!!  So sometimes it sucks that your children don't always do what you want them to do; and sometimes it sucks that things don't go the way you want; and sometimes it sucks that there is a recession and I can no longer buy the things I want; and sometimes it sucks that your so called "friend" dumps you because your daughter has a baby; and sometimes life just sucks!!  But to that I say SO WHAT!!  There is opposition in all things people!  I am so grateful that I have this life, that I have my children, that I have my job, that I have my friends, that I have the most wonderful husband and family ever!   I am so grateful for the trials I have experienced, for they have made me a better person.

Before you think this is testimony meeting, I am going to back up and give a little history and perspective about my family.  I happen to think my family ROCKS!!  My kids are adorable and funny.  My husband is smokin hot, and sometimes he is really funny.  Other times....just obnoxious, but still a wonderful husband.  My favorite thing about my family is how much we love each other.  I am not bragging here...just stating a fact.  We are very loving and affectionate with each other.  My kids say they love each other before leaving the house or going to bed.  Connor is not really hip on my girls trying to kiss him all the time, but that just goes with the territory when you are the only boy!!  Of course we do have our moments...like PMS week. 
That's always fun...NOT!!  

A little about my kidlets....

* KELSEY:  Kelsey has blessed me with my beautiful grandbaby, Mylee.  I am so proud of everything Kelsey has accomplished.  She was able to graduate from high school, even though she was pregnant her entire senior year.  She works hard, goes to college, and is such a wonderful mother to her sweet little baby!  I love having her home with me during the day and hanging out with her.  I know sometimes I bug her (mostly during PMS week), but I love being with her and I love the beautiful woman that she is.

*ASHLEY:  Ash is my sassy girl!!  For a girl who would only wear sweats in 2nd grade, she sure is a fashion diva!!  Not only is she beautiful on the outside, she is very beautiful on the inside.  She has such a wonderful testimony, and she is such a great example to me.  She is also very fun to hang out with!!  I love that she still likes to hang out with her family...not many 14 year olds do!  She works hard in school (straight A's), plays tennis 2-3 times a week, and still has time to be a great friend and sister.  She has been so wonderful with Mylee and is like her third mother (I'm the second mother).  I love her to pieces.

*CONNOR:  If you know Connor at all...you know that he is an angel boy!!  He is handsome, atheletic, funny, cool, and just about the sweetest thing ever!!  I hope and pray that he does not turn into a rotten teenager!  That would break my heart.  Connor will be the best husband in the world.  He is so mellow with all the girl drama we have going on at our house.  He survives PMS week like a champ!  He is oblivious to any yelling/crying unless it is interferring with NFL network.  He also is very loving and sweet.  He still likes to cuddle up with me at night (this is probably a secret to his friends).  I love him so much.  I always tell him that he is my favorite boy, although I'm sure if he had a brother he would still be my favorite :)

*McKELL:  McKell is an adult in a little body, and she always has been.  She has the funniest personality of anyone I know.  Occasionally (when she is tired), she gets very drama...and the things she says are hilarious.  Ashley is always telling her she has too much "self-esteem".  But I wouldn't change one thing about her.  She is smart, funny, and cute...and she knows it!!  She doesn't really need Jason and I to parent her.  She's actually raising herself, which is great because she's our youngest and we're done being tough.  I think McKell keeps us around for loves and for money:)  I love her and am so glad that she's my baby!

Jason is the love of my life!! 

Mylee is the sweetest grandbaby to ever be born!

And that, in a nutshell, is our fam!

Happy New Year!!






2 comments:

Jen said...

Just thought I would start the campiagn to be your new best friend. Do I need to make a poster or anything?? You know I think you are such an amazing person. I can't even count the night shifts that you helped me survive through the years. You are such a wonderful example!! I look forward to seeing you soon now that I am back to work more often.

matesen said...

You are definitely amazing! I just love you! Your family is lucky to have such a wonderful mom, wife, and grandma!