Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Random Thoughts at 4 am....

Here I am at work, once again at 4 in the morning.  Because I am charging, I have no blood draws right now.  Four a.m. is the time we are scurrying around, drawing our patients blood, checking i/o's, hanging meds, and the list goes on.  For me, I am pondering several thoughts.
1.   Why do I always want peanut M&M's while I'm at work?  I don't want them at any other time...just at work, and usually at 4 a.m. 
2.  Why did I decide to get a new scale?  A fancy one that tells your REAL weight...not the weight you previously believed, and also tells your fat percentage.  Maybe that's just TMI for a girl, ok?  This is also why I am not buying the peanut M&M's in the machine that are calling my name. 
3.   Why do I love to look at people I never again want to see on Facebook?
4.   Who decided 12 hour shifts are a good idea? 
5.   Why do I find it endearing that my newly admitted patient writes on his medical history that he is visiting the hospital to "check for cancer"?  I love his optimism.  I know...I'm rambling...that's why this is called "random thoughts".  Here's to a good day with lot's of sleep.

1 comment:

MEGandJEFF said...

HaHa :) Kathy I love working w/ you!
I wanted peanut m&m's, too..I resisted..& bought the Symphony bar instead! :)

It makes me feel good about myself when I see 'those' people on FB! Mean, but true.

12hr shifts are never a good idea..they are a harsh fact of life.

I hope our pt can keep his optimism over the upcoming months!