Thursday, June 3, 2010

Ashley turns 14!!


I know...it's hard to believe that Ashley is 14 years old!!  It seems like just yesterday that I delivered the biggest, most beautiful baby ever!!  Yes, skinny little Ashley was my biggest baby...8 lbs. 12 oz.  She was almost half grown when she came out.

Jason decided to surprise Ashley and take her to Disneyland for her birthday.  She honestly had no idea she was going.  We packed her clothes while she was at school.  Ash is not a big fan of putting her clothes away, so I was surprised that she noticed her birthday clothes were gone.  She cried and told us someone had stolen her new clothes.  Her siblings played along and "helped" her look for her new clothes that had gone missing.  I took her to Salt Lake and told her that we were picking dad up from work to go to dinner for her birthday.  Jason asked her if she would like to go to dinner or to Disneyland....yeah right!!  She didn't believe we were serious until Jason put his suitcase in my car and I dropped them off at the airport.  They spent the weekend in Disneyland and had a fabulous time!

What I love about Ashley...
1.  She is kind and loving.
2.  She worries about others.
3.  She keeps me on the straight and narrow (I have stopped swearing, and I don't have a tatoo thanks to her).
4.  She loves to laugh.
5.  She is full of sass and bling!!
6.  She still holds my hand when we walk in public.
7.  She is a great student.  (4.0!!)
8.  She loves BYU...even though she lives in a house full of Utah fans.
9.  She loves to have fun!!
10.  She is committed to living the gospel and developing her testimony.


No comments: