Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What I Have Learned From Being the Mom of a Pregnant Teenager...

Many things are learned during times of trial.  Hopefully, most people will never have this particular problem, but you will have your children make at least one decision that was not part of your "plans".  This is what I have learned about people, life, etc....take from it what you will.

1.  You WILL find out who your REAL friends are.  Enough said.  I have heard this particular saying at least 100 times, yet I did not fully understand it until now.

2.  Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers and will help you when asked.  When Kelsey told me she was pregnant, I immediately said a prayer that I, my daughter, and my family would be comforted and helped through the coming months.  Never have I felt such peace and love in my home.  Never have I had so much personal strength!

3.  Now is not the time to try to please other people, (or, you don't owe people an explanation for anything!).

4.  People will surprise you in a GOOD way.  Never have I felt so much love and outpouring of concern for me and my family.  There are people who I had never met before now that have been so supportive and offered so much love and kindness.  I underestimated how truly kind most people are. 

5.  You will discover what is most important in your lives.  As our immediate and extended family bonded together to be strong and supportive for Kelsey, I realized that they were all I really needed.  What a wonderful discovery!!

6.  You will discover how much you really love your children. 

7.  You will discover that you and your husband are really wonderful parents!! :)

8.  You will discover that a baby brings happiness and joy into your home.  After all, what's not to love??

Remember...life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful!!

4 comments:

MEGandJEFF said...

You are amazing, Kathy! And this is a great post..some of it I needed to hear this morning, oddly enough. Thank you :)

matesen said...

You most definitely are amazing Kathy! What a lucky family to have you as their mom/grandma-love ya!

Julie said...

We're going to start a "Jeppesen Fan Club"! We think your family is awesome and you are an amazing mom and you are a WAY too cute grandma!

Lolly said...

You are great. Don't you just love life. You are doing great and your family is together and that is all that matters. Miss you
Lolly