Sunday, March 1, 2009

Skiing & Snowboarding, winter 2009

Jason
Me & Connor

Connor


Ashley

Me & McKell

Kelsey - Powder Mountain

I have been such a lazy blogger!!! Oh well. We have been fortunate enough to be able to go skiing several times the last month. The first time was on a Teacher Prep day. We went with half of the neighborhood...the Goffs, the Huishs', the Smith's. What a blast! We went to Brighton, and were practically the only ones there. This was on a Monday. Connor's 10th birthday was on Wednesday (Feb 4th). So for his birthday, I took him up snowboarding at Brighton for the day. Just me and him!! Jason met us up there after lunch. What a great day. The sun was out and, again, hardly anyone was there. The third time we went was over President's Day Weekend. The Brown's rented a condo in Huntsville and invited us to spend the weekend with them. So we started up on a snowy Saturday morning, only to be rear-ended on the freeway! We hit a "white-out" and the person driving behind us did not see our car. We were hit by a car going 70-75 mph while we were stopped behind another car. I'll say it again, I LOVE MY SUBURBAN!! That car is a tank. The damage to my car looks minimal (we'll see how much it really it when it goes in on Tuesday). Anyway, everyone was safe and we continued on our journey to ski Powder Mountain.

No comments: